Dr. Gayton didn’t set out to become one of the nation’s leading eye surgeons. He wanted to be a world-class weight lifter, but his hands were too small. He decided to pursue eye surgery instead and discovered that his hands were the perfect size.
To schedule an appointment at Eyesight Associates, call 478-923-5827.
Education & Experience
After graduating from North Cobb High School, Dr. Gayton attended the University of Georgia. He graduated with honors and was accepted to the Medical College of Georgia, where he graduated in 1979.
Dr. Gayton is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and the American Board of Eye Surgery. His professional memberships include:
- American Academy of Aesthetic & Restorative Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (Fellow)
- Society for Excellence in Eyecare (Fellow)
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
Contributions to Ophthalmology
Prior to becoming an ophthalmologist, Dr. Gayton gained experience in emergency rooms, anesthesiology, and general medicine. His contributions to the field of ophthalmology include:
- Developing techniques for glaucoma surgery
- Creating side-approach cataract surgery to help decrease post-operative astigmatism
- Improved refractive surgery techniques
- Developing and improving the piggyback lOL procedure
- Developing the technique of using Femtosecond and Omidria Assisted Catarat Surgery
In addition, Dr. Gayton has published award-winning papers and three books: The Crystal Clear Guide to Sight for Life, Refractive Surgery for Eyecare Para-Professionals, and Maximizing Results: Strategies in Refractive, Corneal, Cataract and Glaucoma Surgery. He is a highly regarded and sought-after teacher and speaker for events around the world.
Motivation & Passion
Dr. Gayton’s motivation is to do all things heartily as unto the Lord. He is passionate about giving patients the very best care, which is what drives him to develop better, safer surgery techniques. Dr. Gayton’s innovations have benefited countless people with glaucoma, cataracts, nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Gayton or other talented providers at Eyesight Associates, please call 478-923-5872.